Tuesday, December 23, 2008

T'is the season for dietary indiscretion

When our little furry critters eat less than wholesome, harmful, or obstructive items that subsequently make them sick, we call it dietary indiscretion. At no other time in the year are dietary indiscretion cases more common for both canines and felines, than the holiday season from Thanksgiving though New Years Day.

Case in point, to date since Thanksgiving, 2008, I have surgically removed turkey neck vertebra from a canine esophagus, a lobster claw from a canine small intestine, an ornament hook from a canine stomach, a sponge from a canine stomach, and a 6 inch section of yarn removed from a feline colon. In addition, while I cannot recall the exact number of vomiting and diarrhea cases I have treated in this time period due to owner feeding of rich holiday food, or pets being naughty and getting into holiday food or garbage, off the top of my head, I have treated at least 50 cases.

Therefore, in my final post of 2008, I implore all pet owners to be vigilant in keeping holiday food, ornaments, and garbage out of the reach of pets. I also strongly recommend resisting the temptation to allow pets to partake in the indulging of rich holiday food - while this may provide a moment of intense pet gratification, the negative consequences can last longer and be far more costly than the reward.

Wishing you and your families, including the furry ones, peace and happiness through this holiday season, and a happy New Year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Everybody,

i have been trying to figure out a good place to begin the Acai free trial and was just wanting to know if anyone had some thoughts on whether or not it works for dieting? So far here's the only [url=http://blogbud.com/cgi-bin/index.pl?sitename=acaiberrydetox&item=home]article[/url] I've been able to read that seemed real for the goals I have. Thoughts?

Anonymous said...

I would appreciate more visual materials, to make your blog more attractive, but your writing style really compensates it. But there is always place for improvement